Ragging is banned Vigilance Committees comprising of some of the senior faculty members any make sure that no form of ragging takes roots on the campus. The students at MGIMT can be sure of harmonious and ragging free atmosphere on campus.
MGIMT considers ragging as a cognizable and heinous of offence and will not hesitate to take stern act offenders with a view to maintain “Ragging Free Campus”. Some of the punishments for students indirectly involved in the ragging and its abetment are given as under:
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing of scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing for any test/examination/placement activities organized by the institute withholding of results
- Lodging FIR against offender
- Debarring from representing the institution in any National or International meet. Tournament
- Suspension/Expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the hostel
- Rustication from the institute for varying periods
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution Cancellation of admission.
- Fine as per Hon’ ble Supreme Court’s directives
- Rigorous Imprisonment for up to 3 years (under court of law)